Owning a boat is a great feeling for many. It is an opportunity to have a memorable experience while going on a solo trip or with friends and family members. If you’ve recently purchased a new boat, then you should be aware of a few basic things. The first basic thing to know is to understand the need for items to be on board your boat. Here are a few.
- First Aid Kit – Having a first aid kit on board is important in order to be safe from headaches, stomach upsets, cuts, bruises etc.
- Life Jacket – This is an important item that is known to save lives. It is an item that keeps those from drowning and safe. You may be a good swimmer however it is vital to keep wearing at all times. Moreover, you should also advise your friends and family members to keep wearing the life jacket.
- Knife – This is a handy item in order to get rid of an unwanted rope. A sharp knife helps to cut whenever needed. Just ensure you keep this item away from kids.
- Flare Gun – There may come a time when you get lost or stranded in an unknown location. Moreover, even radio communication may be lost. In order to get help, you may start using a flare gun. Flare guns are bright and visible during the day and night.
- Additional Rope – Additional rope is important at the time of towing and docking the boat.
Learn more tips by getting in touch with Aluminium Boat Builders Australia.